I’m going to list all the books that I have in my writing library, I’ll be using these as the core of my journey to be a writer.
This is something that’s been brewing for a few years now with me swerving closer and closer each year and I believe this is the year where I actually go for it!
I’ve also signed up for a few writing courses online to help.
So keep an eye out here and on Ko-Fi for me trying out writing and developing as time goes by.
- 101 Creative Writing Exercises – Melissa Donovan
- 1200 Creative Writing Prompts – Melissa Donovan
- Complete Creative Writing Course – Chris Sykes
- The Crafty Poet: A Portable Workshop – Diane Lockward
- Creative Writing for Dummies – Maggie Hammand
- Developing Story Ideas – Michael Rabiger
- The Editor’s Companion – Steve Dunham
- The Gifts of Reading – Robert Macfarlane
- How Not to Write a Novel – Sandra Newman, Howard Mittelmark
- How to Write a Thesis – Umberto Eco
- How to Write an Essay – Jonny Patrick
- How to Write Well – Tim de Lisle
- The Illustrated Etymologicon – Mark Forsyth
- New Oxford Dictionary for Writers & Editors
- On Writing – Charles Bukowski
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft – Stephen King
- A Poetry Handbook – Mary Oliver
- Read This If You Want to Be a Great Writer – Ross Raisin
- The Science of Storytelling – Will Storr
- Sin and Syntax: How to Craft Wicked Good Prose – Constance Hale
- Small Press Publishing: The Dos and Don’ts – Isabelle Kenyon
- Steering the Craft: A 21st-Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story – Ursula K. Le Guin
- Ten Things About Writing – Joanne Harris
- Tips from a Publisher – Scott Pack
- What is Poetry – Michael Rosen
- Why I Write – George Orwell
- Write for Life – Julia Cameron
- Writing Fiction: A Guide to Narrative Craft – Janet Burroway