A regularly updated post with all the submission/application/prizes and other opportunities that I’ve found in my travels around social media and have been sent to me.
When an opportunity has passed I will remove it from the list to not clog it up with old news.
I know that it isn’t that big right now but we have to start somewhere!
This post is going to be free for a while but will eventually only be available to paid subscribers.
Time limited opportunities.
- The Adrien Prize for children’s stories featuring a disabled protagonist closes 31/10/22
- THE ALIEN BUDDHA’s MICRODOSES: short poems & flash fiction. Closes 01/11/22
- The Barbellion Prize dedicated to the furtherance of ill and disabled voices in writing closes 31/10/22
- époque press zine is open for submissions on the theme of SHORTAGE
- Fly on the Wall Aryamata Poetry Prize for pamphlets closes 25/09/22
- Fly on the Wall novel and novella manuscript submissions open between 06/06/22 and 11/09/22
- FotoEvidence Book Award 2023 for work documenting the war in Ukraine closes 01/12/22
- Galley Beggar Press Short Story Prize 2022/23, open for submission between 15/07/22 and 16/10/22
- Jericho Prize, celebrating new Black-British writing for children, submissions open 07/11/22 to 09/01/23
- Nosy Crow have submissions open for Graphic Novels for children between 5-12 closes 30/09/22
- Sand, Salt, Blood – submissions for sea horror stories to support the RNLIran by Sliced Up Press closes 16/10/22
Always open for submissions.
- The Birdseed [are open for short and flash fiction for a digital magazine]
- Fictive Dreams [are open for short story submissions between 500 and 2,500 words]
- Fox & Windmill [We are a publisher for British South Asian writers and welcome submissions from writers of this background. You must have a completed manuscript when you submit your work.]
- Little Island, [open for submissions of quality fiction, with a leaning toward Irish authors]
- Lunate [accepts submissions of poetry and short stories without a genre limitation]
- Paragraph Planet [Your submission can be a short story, an extract from a novel or the capturing of a moment. The main rule is that it needs to be EXACTLY 75 words long including the title.]
- Product magazine [We publish short stories, nonfiction, poetry + photography. Everyone welcome, especially new/early career writers + artists.]
- Soor Ploom Press [open for previously unpublished short poetry and stories]
- wildness [accepts submissions of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction and considers work in most styles, forms, or genres.]
If you are a publisher or have other writing opportunities that you would like me to add to this list please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to help and support this blog you could become a Patreon which would help pay for my hosting, domain names, streaming services, and the occasional bag of popcorn to eat while watching films.
You can always email me on email@example.com with any suggestions.